Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The Reappearance of Christ in the East End

Sunday 28 August 2005

Finished Reappearance of Christ today. Good performance, good audience, really enjoyed it. Chantal, my agent, came and brought Roisin Monaghan, another one of her clients, to see it. They both thought it was fantastic and that I was particularly good. That was gratifying. Bit sad that it’s all over. Just want to get on with the next job now. Well, if nothing else happens, I’ve still got the London showing of Wednesday in October so we can keep going with something to look forward to. I’ll update this when the next exciting thing happens.

Cast of The Reappearance of Christ in the East End by Peter Hamilton (in order of appearance) first performed at the White Bear Theatre Club, Kennington, London 2 – 28 August 2005.

Barry Philip Goldacre
Ailish Stasha Hicks
Dr Patricia Baxendale Sally Mortemore
Roger Payne James Carcaterra
Steph Payne Adrienne Marks
Frank Harding Charles Anderson

Saturday 27 August 2005

I’ve just got back from the most wonderful performance we’ve had so far of ‘The Reappearance of Christ in the East End’ at the White Bear Theatre in Kennington. I’ve been working on this play (as Barry) since 4th July and I’ve really enjoyed playing it. Some of the rehearsing was a bit difficult as there were so many script changes, but you come to expect that with a new play.

A big thrill, though, was that Adrienne Marks, who plays Steph in Reappearance, sent me some links to the poster for our film Wednesday in which I play Harold and she plays Linda. There are our names in big letters right on the poster!! Ooh er!! I emailed Justin Hilliard, the director of the film, to let him know that I’d seen it and he sent me a hugely gushing email in reply telling me how great I am in the movie and how much everybody who’s seen it thinks of the film and of me. Well I’m jolly well going to keep my feet on the ground and concentrate on the fact that I shall be back driving articulated trucks next week after Reappearance closes on Sunday. I’ve put a copy of the poster on my website, though (Poster).

We’ve had some terrific crits for Reappearance too. The Sunday Telegraph and the Church Times both said it should be in the West End and Time Out and What’s On In London both said they thought it was great too (See Reviews). It’s really pleasing to have been in at the beginning of what I believe, and everybody who’s seen it tells us, is a great piece of work (writing, directing, acting, design, the lot). Shame it’s not going anywhere. At least we haven’t been told yet that it will be. We live in hope (line from the play).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home